You can only compete for trophy prizes if you are a member of the HVGA. We encourage all golfers to join our association. You don’t have to be a good player to join. All of our tournaments are based on HVGA’s Handicap Index.
HVGA will provide all members with a Handicap Index issued by the association and are updated monthly. Trophies and prizes will be awarded to players with the lowest NET and lowest GROSS scores only.
- All tournaments entry fees are green fees + $15 (prize and HVGA). Non-members are eligible for closest to pin and accurate drive contests, but not NET or GROSS trophy.
- All members must notify coordinators by the deadline of their intent to play.
- All members must play in at least 4 tournaments in order to qualify for the HVGA’s Club Championship and the Texas Cup team.
- All tournaments awards will be based on 2 system, NET and GROSS score.
- There will be two flights for every tournament. The cutoff for A-Flight and B-Flight:
- Any member with a 14 HCP or lower when calculating the course HCP is automatically in A-Flight.
- Any member with a 15 HCP or more when calculating the course HCP is automatically in B-Flight.
- All players will play off from the same tee box.
- USGA Rules will apply to all tournaments. To be fair to all participants, absolutely no gimmees.
- In an event of a tie in a tournament HVGA will do a scorecard playoff starting with the three most difficult holes to determine the winner. A player with the lowest sum based on the first 3 most difficult holes will be determined as the winner. Any ties after that is a hole by hole playoff of the next difficult hole until a winner is determined. The determined winner will receive the Gross trophy and the full TXCP points for first place.
- All awards are based on NET SCORES or GROSS SCORES. NET SCORES = Player’s gross score minus player’s course handicap.
- New members must have at least 2 HVGA Tournament scores to establish an HVGA index before they can win NET SCORE Trophy; however, new members can win GROSS SCORE trophy at any time.