Article II – Purpose
The purpose of the organization is to promote golf to the Vietnamese and other communities within the Houston area.
Article III – Membership
Section 1. Membership shall be available to all people 18 years of age or older. Minors will need parental consent to participate.
Section 2. Memberships are individual and non-transferable in the club. Membership fee during an HVGA regular golf season is $75.
Section 3. Memberships in the Club are for a “golf season” only, with all membership starting on the first tournament and ending on the last tournament of the season.
Section 4. In the event any member of this organization shall commit any act which reflects discredit or disrepute thereon or shall refuse or neglect to comply with the rules and regulations adopted by the Board of Directors, such member shall be subject to suspension or expulsion after ten days written notice and the right to be heard, by a vote of two-thirds of the Board of Directors at any regular meeting or special meeting called for such purpose.
Section 5. New members must have at 2 HVGA Tournament scores to establish an HVGA index before they can win NET Trophy. however, new members are qualified to win GROSS trophy at any given time.
Please read our Terms of Agreement before participating in a HVGA event.
Article IV – Board of Directors
Section 1. The Board of Directors shall consist of the five members of the club: Kraig Nguyen, Justin Nguyen, Nhan Tran, Ha Van Huynh and Kiet Luong. They shall exercise all powers of the management of the Club not specifically excepted by these by-laws.
In the case of any vacancy through death, resignation, disqualification or other cause, the remaining directors may elect a successor by majority vote to hold office as director. Voting shall be by written ballot and those names receiving the greatest number of votes cast by the Board of Directors shall be declare elected. The election will be done by e-mail and published to all members. The Board will convene during the annual meeting of the association.
Section 2. The annual meeting of the Board shall be held on the third Saturday in the month of January, The Board of Directors shall provide for the holding of such other meetings as may be deemed necessary or desirable, and they shall call special meeting upon written petition signed by not less than four of the Board of Directors.
Section 3. The Board of Directors along with the Committee shall establish all membership fees and dues from time to time in such amounts as they deem to be adequate to operate and maintain the Club.
Article V – Committee
Section 1. The committee will run the association for a period of two years. HVGA club members will elect new members every two years. Elected committee person must be an active HVGA member.
The committee shall consist of President, Tournament Coordinator, Treasurer, Handicap Chairman, Texas Cup Captain, Rules Committee and Website Administrator. Their duties shall be such as their title would indicate or such as may be assigned to them respective from time to time. They will delegate their duties among themselves and call for meetings when deemed necessary.
Section 2. Roles and Responsibilities of Standing Committees
- Communication to the club via bi-monthly newsletter
- Responsible for reviewing all club inquiries. (inputs and complaints)
- Manage all activities for Club Championship: Reserve restaurant, Ensure all trophies are ordered, Plan meeting with committee to review all activities prior tourney date
- Book courses for tournament play
- Tournament pairing listing
- Coordinate with course to ensure members get practice discount
- Ensure trophy and prizes are at hand
- Collect green fee during HVGA tournaments
- Keep track of all financial transactions for the club
- Collect green fee during HVGA tournaments
- Maintain handicap for all members
- Assign pairings for each tournament and provide Tsheet to course and members
- Collect all score card at end of tournaments to do Adjusted HCP
Texas Cup Captain:
- Maintain Texas Cup points for all players
- Plan all activities for Texas Cup home year: Setup course, Reserve restaurant, Resolve any discrepancies with DFW
- Assign assistant captain(s)
- Be informed of all USGA rules and regulations
- Update the club with new rules and regulations
- Advise on local rules
- Manage website
- Manage social media
Section 3. Standing Committee (2016 – 2017):
|Tournament Coordinator||Minh Do|
|Handicap Chairman||Ha Van Huynh|
|Rules Committee||Kevin Le|
|Texas Cup Captain||Jesse Nguyen|
|Website Administrator||JJ Nguyen|
|President||Vinh P Nguyen|
Article VI – Amendments to by-laws
The Board of Directors shall have the power to repeal or amend any of these by-laws provided that such action shall not be effective until approved by a majority vote of all the Board members of the HVGA at a meeting held in accordance with the provisions contained herein.